The 50 nationwide SPEAK OUT! Therapy & Research Centers will replicate what we do in our Texas clinic while also doing performing clinical research on Parkinson’s and training upcoming SLPs in SPEAK OUT!®. Creating Speech & Research Centers throughout the country is foundational to our vision, and it is likewise an opportunity for the selected universities:
- Make a profound difference in the lives of people with Parkinson’s.
- Support the university’s existing speech clinic.
- Create interdisciplinary collaboration among university departments.
- Create research opportunities for faculty.
- Provide clinical hours and classroom hours for graduate students.
- Attract high-caliber graduate students eager for hands-on experience in a cutting-edge area of speech pathology research.
- Improve the prestige of the university program.
Having a university be the sole Center for its state is a tremendous opportunity. To be selected, we require:
- The university has an existing Speech Therapy Clinic.
- A five-year commitment.
- Both individual and group SPEAK OUT! therapy (online and in-person) are offered at no cost to patients.
- Published (or pending publication) Parkinson’s Speech research within five years.
Each SPEAK OUT!® Therapy & Research Center will receive:
- Online SPEAK OUT! Provider Certification Training Courses for SLP faculty involved with clinical teaching and research (includes 1.0 ASHA CEUs) at no cost.
- Online SPEAK OUT! Training for ALL your graduate students (no CEUs) at no cost with 4 months of eLibrary access upon successful course completion.
- No-cost access to Clinical Resources and our eLibrary for all Trained SPEAK OUT! Providers.
- SPEAK OUT!® Workbooks for all US patients.
- No-cost eLibrary access for ALL SPEAK OUT!® patients.
- Listing on our Trained SPEAK OUT!® Provider referral webpage.
- SPEAK OUT!® group workbooks for your in-person groups.
- Online Monthly Therapy and Research Center Zoom Roundtable.
- 1:1 consultation with Global Expansion Administrator.
- 2023 Grant Recipient Orientation Webinar (9 am-10 am CT, April 21, 2023).
- 2023 SPEAK OUT! Grant Recipient Webinar (9 am-12 noon CT, June 2, 2023), include .3 ASHA CEUs for all SLPs and SLP faculty. Graduate Students are welcome, but we do not report CEUs for them.
- 2023 Therapy & Research Center Symposium (June 21-23, 2023). $1000 travel stipend provided.
- $10,000 per year for five years.